« Home | First blog.. ! » | That's me .. ! »

Be a Rebel ?!

Some two weeks back, I was so bugged because of the situation that I am facing in my firm, I wanted to pour all those feeling in my first blog(Prior to my First Blog !) - [should I call this as Zeroth blog just like Zeroth law of Thermodynamics?!].

Being in IT, what worse condition I might face in a firm?! It is nothing but the performance appraisal. I was writing about the performance appraisal that happens in my company. But, because of legendary Internet connection policies and Firefox crash, I could not post that blog. (Trying my level the best to be best in BlameStorming ;-) )

Should I explain what is a performance appraisal for the sake of layman? Ofcourse yes. But, anyone who is working in an IT, must start mumbling after hearing the "Performance Appraisal" word(Obviously about his PM [and his family and his generation?!] and the HR Policies only. ;-) ).

"Performance appraisal" is a process through all the resources(SE's and PA's) in a team are evaluated on their performance on a set of tasks that he had been assigned during a particular period of time. This entire process is supposed to be done on an absolute scale. What I meant by "absolute scale" is, there is no comparison between Person A's performance and Person B's performance.

But, in my case, last cycle was done on a relative scale. What do I mean my relative scale? In the performance appraisal discussion, you would often get to hear - "for a person who has three years experience, this is not at all a big task". Where does this number of years come into picture? Whenever a comparison is made, that entire thing becomes "Relative".

People's perspective changes as they grow up. I was kind of demotivated for some reason. So, I would work only during the office hours and leave promptly. After having seen this for two months, in the discussion, it was mentioned that I am "Rebellious". This is the first word that came out when the discussion started. Then, I started explaining them about what and all activities could be construed as "Rebellious".

When I was discussing with my friends, they started singing the song "Be a rebel" from RDB. ;-)